WA Patriot and design team members Trinity ERD, Western States Fire Protection, AHBL, and BOE architects pllc, are in the final phase of design on the Design-Build NRB Parking Garage Fire Suppression System Replacement project for the Department of Enterprise Services. The NRB (Natural Resources Building) parking garage project replaces the overhead fire suppression system and the failing sealant product on surfaces that are exposed to the weather. Construction activities are scheduled to begin mid-May, with project completion by November 1, 2017. Other scopes of work include:
- Fire sprinkler nozzles will be added to the fire system.
- Earthquake bracing will be repaired on level P-3 and in the tunnel between OB2 and NRB.
- Existing waterproof membrane on the surfaces of the P-1 and P-2 levels will be removed and replaced with a more durable product.
- Concrete and sealant will be removed from the surface, and soil and trees removed from planters on the mezzanine.
- Once sealant is replaced, work crews will resurface the walkway and new landscaping will be installed.
- Water leaks in the parking garage stair towers, which are damaging doors, hardware, and concrete, will also be addressed.